Melting in the October Heat
I don’t know where you are but Melbourne is in the middle of a heat wave and so the only thing to do is to stay indoors. As far as I’m concerned 35 degrees is not the kind of weather you stay in for long. But it is a much welcome change, considering the long winter we just had.
So today I’m staying indoors, air con on and sitting at my desk procrastinating and comping with a gin and tonic. And this week I have good news…..
I was the lucky winner of a double movie pass. Yay! And drum roll….I also won some wine from my local shopping centre. Yay X 2! And drum roll…I gave everything away! Why you ask? Because I love giving away prizes to family and seeing their faces when my freebies arrive. My mum got the wine and my sister got the movie pass. It still gives me a thrill to win and give my prizes away.
But the main reason I love giving stuff away is I love the hunt more than the prizes. OK I’m exaggerating a little. I do love winning big prizes for myself but I also love entering just as much. Digging deeper I was wondering what exactly I like so here goes:
- Productivity. I feel productive when I enter allot of comps.
- Lucky. They make me feel lucky.
- Positive. They put me in a positive mood.
- Pass the time. Time fly’s when you’re having fun like during heat waves and long cold winters.
- Escape. I get to escape into the land of Prizieland.
- Exclusivity. Sometimes I feel no one knows about competition clubs so I feel like I’m a part of a secret society.
- Karma. When I give away prizes or promise to take family on trips I might win, I feel I put good Karma out into the universe.
This is why competitions are great for weeks like these. When a heat wave zaps all your energy from you, you need all these little things to keep you going.
About giving away all my prizes…
There was a time when my family wasn’t that sportive of my new hobby but now they get to benefit from my hobby and they see all the benefits that go along with it. So bring on the heat and all those small prizes.