How to enter competitions at work without your boss knowing
We all know we must enter as many competitions as we can and we all know it’s sometimes hard to find the time. It’s no wonder people are using work hours to comp. But how does one enter without being found out? If you’re lucky enough to have spare time and sit in front of a computer all day, it’s completely possible to get away with it! Here’s how:
- Keep your browser in a small window at the bottom of your screen.
- Learn some short cuts and get quick with your mouse for when your boss does sneak up on you and you can quickly close websites down.
- Delete your browsing history…often. Not 100% effective these days with ‘IT people’ on our backs but at the very least it will wipe away any guilt.
- Set a limit every day, that way the number of websites you visit won’t cause any alarm bells in the IT department.
- Have a backup plan. If you do get caught, what will you say? Research? Christmas shopping? Have an answer ready.
- Brainstorm and write 25 word or less answers in your email program. You’ll look like you are productive but make sure you always have your personal email as the recipient in case you accidentally hit send.
- Delete all ‘personal comping’ emails in your sent folder.
- Swap desks with co-workers who have more privacy. Desks that back onto windows and walls are the best.
- In fact, try to escape the office altogether. Work from home more often. Complete all your work first then get onto the comping.
- Stay on top of your work and don’t let things slide. This way you won’t attract any unnecessary attention or ‘investigations’.
It’s easy to enter competitions at work if you know the tricks. Happy comping at work people!