It’s nearly Spring. In a couple of weeks we can start saying goodbye to winter coughs and colds, freezing nights and sunless days. We will also start saying goodbye to competitions involving your favourite winter recipe or those with prizes of holidays in the snow. Soon we will start saying hello to warmer days, shorter nights and our gardens might start blooming again. Competitions will probably start becoming more interesting with prizes such as a summer cruise or a dinner for two or a new summer outfit or swimming costume.
The first lot will definitely be a series of Father’s Day competitions. Most have already begun but you still have until the 7th September to get your act together. I have been spotting them everywhere. In my local newsagent I found a Hallmark competition with an Outdoor Chef Portable BBQ prize. The only catch is you have to buy a Hallmark Father’s Day card and fill out the entry form at the store. Easy! Then there is the one run by Ray’s Outdoors to win your dad’s ‘ultimate wish list’ (you do need to register for their rewards club first though). So its time to start getting your pens out and putting together some excellent 25 WOL answers about how great your dad is and sorting through all those candid shots of him for photo competitions. I am sure he would love a new BBQ or tool box or some aftershave lotion.
Then just as fast as it came Father’s Day will disappear for another year. As the weather warms up most businesses will be looking ahead to their busiest time of the year – the months leading up to Christmas so I predict a lot of competitions competing for our attention.
Christmas! Not that far off and for those with a good winning edge can begin stashing away prizes suitable for Christmas presents (I have already been doing this for months). I just need to stock up on a few more and enjoy the saving which I can spend on a lavish Christmas lunch. Christmas was definitely invented for kids so here are a few sites with regular competitions with toys, books, activities and show tickets as prizes in time for the school holidays as well.
- Kidspot – (www.kidspot.com.au/Competition/competition.asp). Lots of toys and goodies offered as prizes every month. I have won two from this site already.
- Huggies – (www.huggies.com.au/promotions). Great site for the little ones and they have freebies from time to time as well.
- ToysRus – What can I say? I site packed full of toys so any prizes of course will be toys.
- Kids Book Review – This excellent site runs regular competitions with giveaways of some of the latest children’s books on the market.
- The ABC Shop – (https://shop.abc.net.au/promos/competitions). Great for toys, books, activities and tickets for the little ones who love to watch the kid’s shows on the ABC.
- Smiggle – They runo ccasional competitions with great stuff for those arty/crafty kids and those getting ready for pre-school or school next year.
Then once you have won that treat for the dad in your life, and sorted the kid’s presents for Christmas it is time to win something for yourself or some of the other special people in your life. If it was me I’d be taking a good look at these sites over the next few months:-
- SheSaid – Although this site offers great prizes I think the chances are not as good as some others but you never know.
- Femail – Lots of regular competitions with prizes suitable for the females in your life.
- Beauty Haven – (www.beautyheaven.com.au/competitions).
- Body and Soul – (www.bodyandsoul.com.au/win).
- Mindfood – Run lots of competitions although I have never won one.
Then I would lie down, grab a cup of tea and some bikkies and have a good rest!