Watch out! It’s nearly Christmas. I know because Christmas catalogues are starting to appear in my letterbox, Santa is arriving at my local shopping centre this week (so soon?) and last weekend the Berry Markets were full of stalls with Christmassy presents and gear and two Christmas fundraising raffles. I resisted the stalls (it’s a little early for me to think Christmas yet) but I entered the two raffles – the Gerringong Lions Club annual raffle with the prize of a box trailer full of goodies and the local Marine Rescue with a small fishing boat and trailer as the main prize. I don’t enter many raffles like these through the year but my husband always reminds me that are part of our annual charity donations and isn’t that what Christmas is about? And you never know…
There are heaps of websites are currently getting into the swing of approaching Christmas with special Christmas competitions too. And as the days get closer there will be heaps more to come from everywhere, I will wager. Here are some I found recently:
- At www.femail.com.au I found two excellent competitions which I accordingly entered. One was for a huge prize pack from Australia Post. The other one was a Christmas Hamper A Christmas Hamper would be happily received at my place this year so I then searched around the net for a few more to entice me.
- At www.familycapers.com.au I also found a Christmas Hamperup for grabs so I included this in my Christmas competition list. It’s not as big a hamper as the other one but what the… They also have a 6 foot Christmas Tree as a prize in another competition so that could be worth a go too if you don’t already have one.
- At www.mindfood.com.au I found a New Year, New You Luxury Gift Hamperfrom Blackmores which looked pretty good too. So another competition worth entering especially if you like natural health and beauty products or have friends and family that would like them as a gift.
- At www.rescu.com.au I found a Goodnessme Hamper with three different ones to choose from. I quickly chose the one that I would love (all coconutty) and entered it straight away. They all looked amazingly luxurious and I would be happy for any of them under my Christmas Tree.
- At www.mouthsofmums.com.au I found a competition with 10 ‘Naughty List Christmas Packs’ up for grabs. I’m not quite sure what that actually means but I entered it anyway with the best 50 WOL answer I could come up with on the spot. There I also found another competition with 5 Christmas Smiggle Packs. One of these packs would be great for any little one’s Christmas stocking in the family. At Diary of a Comp Queen– www.compqueen.com.au they are also giving away a Smiggle Christmas pack – could be worth a look.
- What about the guys then? At ToolHQ on Facebook there is a simple random draw prize of $500 worth of tools for the handyman in your life. If you can share through your page you can get a few more entries. My husband would surely love this one although there isn’t much room in our garage for the tools he already has at the moment!
Of course, there are heaps and heaps of other competitions out there and at Christmas it doesn’t really matter what you win, as almost anything can be kept, given away, sold on Ebay or Gumtree or your local Buy, Sell and Swap site or even donated to a local charity or put under a Wish Tree (these are often put up in local department stores like K-Mart). The most important thing is to just have fun entering them and enjoying what you win!