It happens to everybody. Wins are coming left, right and centre. Sure they are probably small prizes some might be big. But they seem to be consistent for a while. Everything is going just fine. Then it happens.
The dry spell comes. No prizes. No winning emails. Not even a double movie pass. Nothing. Nada. So you enter some more and still nothing. Your hand feels like it has RSI from all the typing and clicking. Still nothing. So what is a comper to do? How does a comper keep going when the going gets tough.
Here are few things to do when the dreaded prize drought strikes:
- Don’t panic! You know panicking will stuff up your ‘lucky equilibrium’. Just relax and don’t get yourself all worked up.
- Keep calm and Comp on. Keep going. Do nothing, nothing happens. Keep comping. Keep entering.
- Realise a drought is normal. It would be rather strange if you constantly won all the time.
- Find your happy place. Write down everything you want to win. There’s an oasis in every desert.
- Be grateful. Look at your list of wins in the last year. Things are not as bad as they appear.
- Be happy for other winners. Get out of your own head and enjoy someone else’s win.
- Accept that its just not your time and the prize you are meant to win is on its way.
- Improve your WOL answers by researching other winning answers and getting more creative.
- Eat chocolate. Treat yourself and take a break. Sometimes you just need a rest to refresh.
When there’s a drought it’s important to not lose site of the bigger picture. The prizes you have won. The connections you have made on Competitions.com.au. Learning new things and enjoying a hobbie.
I would love to know how do you survive a prize drought?