How big is the daily deal industry in Australia and were is it heading? We’ve crunched the numbers and put together this interesting infographic on the Future of Daily Deals in Australia
The report is based on publicly available data collected by competitions.com.au. To view the source data from which this report was compiled please visit the sources below. The information has been collected and complied on a best efforts basis only . Competitions.com.au, the author and other related parties associated with the preparation of this report, do not bear any responsibility for any losses or damages associated with the use of the information in this report. If you have any issues feel free to contact us.
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website. Copy this code:
How big is the Australian Daily Deal industry
|Year||Revenues ( in millions)|
- The number of group buying sites has grown four-fold in the past six months from 20 sites to more than 80 sites
- Travel deals now account for 24% of total market revenue making it the largest deal category.
- 44% of shoppers who use daily deals return to the merchants that provide the offers.
- 40% of daily deal buyers were already customers of the merchant offering a discount, 26% were infrequent customers and 29% either had never heard of the merchant or hadn’t bought from them before.
- 58% of businesses cited customer acquisition as the top reason for liking daily deals.
- 77% of deal buyers spent more than the deal’s value.
- 8.1% of businesses said they would offer another daily deal.
Market Share of Australian Leading Daily Deal Companies
|Daily Deal Companies||%age|
Major Sources of Traffic for Daily Deal Websites
|Social Networking Sites||13.68%|
Some Surprising Trends
- 72% of Australian Deal buyers prefer to watch entertainment shows as compared to 18% participating in sports activities.
- Fast Food Deals (market share of 31%) are more popular in Aussies than healthy meal deals with share of only 2%
- Australians love eating in restaurants. 67% of dining deals sold are “eating in restaurant” deals . Take away food deals are only 31%.
- Pizza is the most popular choice in takeaway meals deals, heavily outweighing healthy options by 8 to 1.
- Number of Massages deals sold are 42% of all other beauty treatment deals
- NSW residents are almost three times more likely to dine out than Melbournians.