My friend just became a comper…
A friend of mine recently became a comper. I had been telling her for a year or so about competition clubs and everything in between. She never really seemed that interested and thought it was all too much effort. That is, until last weekend I met up with her and she gave me the good news.
‘I joined!’ She said. Thrilled for her, I was also surprised.
She told me she joined a club and hasn’t looked back since. She was hooked. Then came the questions and I mean a lot of questions! And here were my answers:
- What kind of 25 word or less questions win? Rhyming is good so poems but also one-liners.
- But I’m not funny? You don’t need to be. I’ve seen some answers that were just clever.
- But I’m not clever? Don’t be silly. I’m always surprised what I come up with and often or not I don’t know where that answer came from.
- How do you get creative? If I’m stuck I go for a walk with the question in my head or I just think about it on the train. Mostly I just get the computer out and persist even if it means staring at a blank screen.
- Do you keep all your 25 word or less answers? Yep, they go back years and are now living inside 4 documents.
- Should I keep my 25 word or less answers? Yes. Its good to see your progress, get inspiration and rework previous answers for new competitions.
- How do you fit it all in? Comp during your lunch break, at work (if you can), on public transport, basically everywhere!
- How long have you been blogging about competitions? About 18 months.
- How do you find things to blog about? There’s always stuff to write about with people like you!
- Now what? Get comping. The more you enter the better your odds are.
Happy comping compers!